ASTM D732 covers punch-type shear tests used in determining the shear strength of test specimens of organic plastic sheets and molded disks in thicknesses from 1.27 to 12.7 mm (0.050 to 0.500 in.). Shear strength obtained by punch type tool is one to compare materials or obtain data engineering design. Shear strength is the load divided by the area of the sheared edge (punch circumference x specimen thickness).
ASTM D732 specifies constant rate of extension testing machine (universal test machine). By means of our plastic testing expertise and modular product design, we will help find the testing solution that is right for you. Give one of our application engineers a call today for help with creating the best budget and testing plan according to ASTM D732.
- ASTM D618 Practice for Conditioning Plastics for Testing
- ASTM D4000 Classification System for Specifying Plastic Materials
- ASTM D5947 Test Methods for Physical Dimensions of Solid Plastics Specimens
- ASTM E4 Practices for Force Verification of Testing Machines
- ASTM E691 Practice for Conducting an Interlaboratory Study to Determine the Precision of a Test Method
Recommended Test Machines
Forces up to 10 kN (2,250 lbf)
Low force tabletop systems
Modular series of five frame options with adjustable test space
Affordable testing option for tension, compression, bend, peel and much more
Force range of 5 kN to 600 kN (1,125 lbf to 135,000 lbf)
Adjustable test space
The most popular choice for static tension and compression tests
These dual column testers are available in both tabletop and floor standing models