Soft tissue testing is a modern field of biomedical research focusing on the tissues that connect and support structures in the body. Continual advancements fuel highly specialized mechanical testing requirements to ensure that a wide range of biological specimens can withstand the stressors and ever-changing nature of the human body.
Tissues such as ligaments, tendons, muscle and cartilage, blood vessels, brain, esophagus, skin, pericardium, myocardium and bio-engineered replacement tissues have load bearing roles and so strength and stiffness tests are required.
Although they do not bear mechanical loads, mechanical properties of some especially soft tissues, such as brain, liver, kidney and prostate, are recent mainstream research topics in biomechanics. The interest in the biomechanics of these very soft tissues has been motivated by the developments in computer-integrated and robot-aided surgery—in particular, the emergence of automatic surgical tools—as well as advances in virtual reality techniques.
Soft tissue test equipment is specialized in several respects. Test equipment should be configured in consideration of environmental conditions, mechanical load capacity of the samples, elastic properties of the samples, and grip choices.
Fueled by demands in medical advancements, researchers and developers seek top quality, application engineered tissue testing machines to provide the most accurate results to their sometimes micron-level testing. With advanced experience in the tissue testing field, our applications engineers can provide the support to help configure the best testing plan and equipment to test soft tissue samples.
- Biological Soft Tissue Biomechanics Research Test Equipment
- Biological Soft Tissue Static & Fatigue Test Equipment
- Biomedical Teaching Lab Test Machines
- Important Considerations for Soft Tissue Testing
- Luer Taper and Lock Test Equipment per ISO 80369 and ISO 594 | TestResources
- Mechanical Stimulation in Stem Cell Research
- No-Slip Mechanical Liver Tissue Testing
- Planar Biaxial Tester for Biological Soft Tissues
- Soft tissue tensile grips | GB099
- Spinal Implant & Devices Axial Torsional Test Equipment | TestResources
- Stress Relaxation and Creep Equipment for Biological Soft Tissues
- Tensile Strength Tests of Tissue Engineered Skin
- Testing Material Properties of Artificial Corneas
- Tissue Engineering Scaffold Research at Ohio State University