Orthopedic Implants & Research
The orthopedic implant sector is a dynamic element of the medical device industry.
Orthopedic implants include joint reconstruction materials and biomaterials used in the reduction of fracture fragments, bone manipulation and joint replacement. Reduction can involve surgery to implant and replace artificial joints.
Musculoskeletal problems are among the most frequent reasons for medical consultation, accounting for more than 130 million visits per year says the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. One in four people in the US suffer from musculoskeletal impairment, which brings the annual cost of musculoskeletal disorders in the US to $180 billion.
Apart from bone, joint, ligament, tendon and muscular injury, orthopedics is also used in the treatment of osteoporosis and arthritis.
Testing implants is a strategic activity impacting the creation and production of orthopedic devices. The FDA plays an important role in overseeing the process of implant design and development, ensuring patient safety and efficacy of the product.
TestResources has been active in supplying static and dynamic fatigue test systems to the orthopedic industry since 1998. We have sponsored the Orthopedic Research Society since our inception. The firm offers testing solutions that are engineered to application requirements, and so are a good and natural fit to the needs of the orthopedic industry.
- Ankle Prosthetic Durability Fatigue Test System | 810-22675 Model
- Bone Staple and Fixation Staple Testing
- Component Interlock Strength
- External Skeletal Fixation Prosthetic | Test Equipment
- Fatigue Testing of Femoral Stem Prostheses per FDA Guidelines
- Fatigue Testing the Tibial Tray Component
- Fatigue Testing UHMWPe Tibial Bearing Components
- High Accuracy Solutions for Biomedical Joint Testing
- Hip Biomechanics Research and Testing Equipment | TestResources
- Hip Implant ASTM Mechanical Strength Testing of Femoral Prostheses | TestResources
- Hip Implant Fatigue ASTM Test Equipment per ISO 7206 | TestResources
- Knee Biomechanics Research and Testing | TestResources
- Mechanical Tests of Intramedullary Rods | Equipment
- Medical Bone Screw | Mechanical Test Equipment
- Metallic Medical Bone Plates | Test Equipment
- Optimizing Protein Crosslinking Formulations for Degenerating Spinal Discs
- Pedicle Screw Spinal System Mechanical Test | Equipment
- Posterior-Stabilized Tibial Bearing Component
- Spine Biomechanics Research and Testing | TestResources
- Testing Intervertebral Body Fusion Device with Bone Grafting Material per FDA Guidelines
- Testing Spinal Fusion Systems per FDA Guidelines