|Available Force Ratings||Up to 500 kN (112,500 lbf)|
|Specimens||Up to 50 mm (2 in) in diameter or thickness|
Mechanical wedge grips feature easy specimen loading, self tightening and self alignment. Wedge gripping force increases as the pull load goes up - so these self-tightening grips are ideal when high clamp load is needed,such as gripping difficult hard materials. Tensile wedge jaws also offer a high mechanical advantage by the way they tighten. As the grip body is drawn up, inclined sides push against the matching side of the faces which move laterally against the specimen. The grip faces are spring loaded on the top, against the body. The open front allows faces to be interchanged as well as easy specimen loading.
Note: Optional adapters or mechanical connections available for all test machines.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Jaw movement by simple lever action - Sample preload or 'bite' via hand crank.
- Jaw sizes available up to 60 mm x 110 mm (2.36 in x 4.33 in)
- Jaw carrier with smaller jaw size inserts make it possible to use both sides of jaw - increasing jaw life.
- Multiple jaw sizes and surface types available including serrated flat jaws, V jaws for rounds, and diamond surface coated jaws.
- Optional Pneumatic Assist System for clamping samples
|G109 Mechanical Wedge Action Grip|