Hydraulic Wedge Action Grips
Hydraulic wedge action grips are available as standard products and as modular engineered solutions. The wedge action design creates a highly leveraged clamp load that increases as the sample is tightened. They are ideal when testing hard round or flat metallic or composite test samples. All of our hydraulic grips will fit any brand of test machine through the use of an adapter.
|Family||Max Force||Max Thickness|
|G321||100 or 250 kN (22000 or 56000 lbf)||19 mm (0.75 in)|
|G681||250 kN (56000 lbf)||30 mm (1.18 in)|
|G186||400 to 1500 kN (90 to 337 kip)||60 mm (2.36 in)|
|GB5-400||50 to 1000 kN (11 to 225 kip)||65 mm (2.56 in)|
Fits Any Brand Test Machine
Our grips and fixtures will fit any brand of test machine. We offer adapters that allow the grips and fixtures to be used on test machines from TestResources, Instron®, MTS®, Tinius Olsen® and every other brand of machine.
Hydraulic Grips for Any Force Requirement, Sample Size or Geometry
Hydraulic grips are ideal for high forces and high volume tests that involve repetitive opening and closing of jaws. These hydraulic grips produce an adjustable constant clamp force on the specimen. Having an adjustable clamp load can minimize sample slippage and breaks in the jaws. The test repeatability is improved when all samples are tested under constant clamping conditions.
High Force Applications
We offer a wide selection of hydraulic grips that withstand any high force test applications.
- Steel products including rods and plates
- Advanced Composites
- Metal tensile test samples including both rounds and flats
- Fatigue tests
- Tests through zero load (tension-compression)
We can configure grips to match specific ASTM, ISO, DIN, EN requirements.
- ASTM A370 Tensile and Bend methods for steel products including rebar
- ASTM A615 Tensile & Deformation tests of rebar
- ASTM A706 Tension tests and bend tests of low alloy steel rebar
- ASTM A955 Rebar Tension & bend test of stainless steel rebar
- ASTM A996 Rebar Tension & bend tests of rail-steel and axle-steel
- ASTM D3039 Tensile testing for advanced composite materials
- ASTM E8 Tensile Tension testing of metals
- ISO 15630-1 Test methods for steel products (Reinforcing bars, wire rod and wire)
Wedge Action Grips Compared to Side Action Grips
Wedge action grips are commonly used for fatigue testing applications. The hydraulic wedge grip body remains stationary during sample loading which requires the test machine to have load control capabilities. Side action grip open perpendicular and independent of the tensile direction of testing.
Wide Range of Supporting Options
We offer a wide range of supporting options for our hydraulic wedge action grips. Some of these options include:
- Hydraulic power packs, foot pedals and hand switches matched to specific grip requirements.
- Interchangeable jaw faces with multiple dimensions and surface types. Extra wide jaws and various jaw surface options:
- Diamond grit coated and SurfAlloy
- V serrated jaws (designed for round samples)
- Custom engineered jaw surfaces.