Hydraulic Side Action Grips
Hydraulic side action grips are available as standard products and modular engineered solutions. We have provided side action grips with force capacities up to 3 mN (700,000 lbf) clamp load. All of our hydraulic grips will fit any brand of test machine through the use of an adapter.
|Family||Max Force||Max Thickness|
|G135||30 or 90 kN (6700 or 20000 lbf)||15 mm (0.6 in)|
|G872||83 kN (19125 lbf)||32 mm (1.25 in)|
|G4||83 kN (19125 lbf)||12 mm (0.47 in)|
|G226||195 kN (44000 lbf)||50 mm (2 in)|
|G137||350 kN (78750 lbf)||64 mm (2.5 in)|
|G513||600 kN (135 kip)||80 mm (3.1 in)|
|G178||1200 kN (270 kip)||60 mm (2.4 in)|
|G480||1500 kN (337 kip)||100 mm (4 in)|
Fits Any Brand Test Machine
Our grips and fixtures will fit any brand of test machine. We offer adapters that allow the grips and fixtures to be used on test machines from TestResources, Instron®, MTS®, Tinius Olsen® and every other brand of machine.
Hydraulic Grips for Any Force Requirement, Sample Size or Geometry
Hydraulic grips are ideal for high forces and high volume tests that involve repetitive opening and closing of jaws. These hydraulic grips produce an adjustable constant clamp force on the specimen and come in a single or dual acting clamp action. Having an adjustable clamp load can minimize sample slippage and breaks in the jaws. The test repeatability is improved when all samples are tested under constant clamping conditions.
High Force Applications
We offer a wide selection of hydraulic grips that withstand any high force test applications.
- Steel products including reinforcement bars (rebar)
- Advanced Composites
- Metal tensile test samples including both rounds and flats
- Conveyor belts
- Wood products
- Tensile tests
- Cyclic tests
- Tests through zero load (tension-compression)
We can configure grips to match specific ASTM, ISO, DIN, EN requirements.
- ASTM A370 Tensile and Bend methods for steel products including rebar
- ASTM A615 Tensile & Deformation tests of rebar
- ASTM A706 Tension tests and bend tests of low alloy steel rebar
- ASTM A955 rebar Tension & bend test of stainless steel rebar
- ASTM A996 rebar Tension & bend tests of rail-steel and axle-steel
- ASTM E8 tensile Tension testing of metals
- ASTM D4595 wide width geotextile tensile test
- ISO 15630-1 test methods for steel products (Reinforcing bars, wire rod and wire)
- ISO 6935-2 tensile properties of Ribbed bars
Side Action Grips Compared to Wedge Action Grips
Hydraulic side action grips handle thicker and wider width specimen geometries than wedge grips. They minimize sample preloading due to the fact that the jaws open and close perpendicular and independent of the tensile direction of testing. Also, the models with spherical seat jaws improve sample alignment and they are ideal for tensile tests of rebar because the spherical seats adjust in rebar tests with bent samples.
Wide Range of Supporting Options
We offer a wide range of supporting options for our hydraulic side action grips. Some of these options include:
- Spherical Seat Jaws provide improved test sample alignment for samples that are not straight. (rebar)
- Hydraulic power packs, foot pedals and hand switches matched to specific grip requirements.
- Interchangeable jaw faces with multiple dimensions and surface types. Extra wide jaws and various jaw surface options:
- Nickel coating (standard)
- Diamond grit coated
- V serrated jaws (designed for round samples)
- Custom engineered jaw surfaces.