Concrete & Cement
Many concrete and cement applications are critical to human safety. Therefore many companies and organizations in this industry require formal certifications of concrete materials and products. This has driven a proliferation of strength testing and published testing standards. Some of those are linked below.
In its simplest form, workable concrete consists of cement, sand and water. To ensure desired strength of concrete in a safety-critical application such as a bridge, it may be necessary to test and certify the cement raw material and the sand. In addition, one may want to test the workable concrete mixture; and the final cured cement, perhaps at different cure times. Most concrete applications include reinforcement called rebar. So it may be appropriate to test and certify the rebar as well as the concrete-rebar assembly.
In most applications, concrete is loaded in compression or in flexural bending. TestResources offers the test machines and specimen fixtures needed to perform both types of tests. Most of our fixtures are designed to meet the specific details of the relevant ASTM or ISO standards. You can find that information below for a selection of concrete and cement testing standards. Our expert application engineers can help you test in strict accordance to all of these standards and many more.
TestResources offers two product lines that were designed with concrete and cement testing in mind:
- Model 3XX electromechical universal test machines; and
- Model 6XX electrohydraulic universal test machines
Our 3XX product line covers forces from 5 kN to 600 kN (1,125 lbf to 135 kip). Our 6XX product line covers forces from 300 kN to 2 MN (67,500 lbf to 450 kip). Both types of machines can be configured for compression and flexural bend testing.
TestResources offers a wide range of universal test machines and all of the specimen fixtures you need to perform your tests on cement or concrete raw materials and finished products. Contact your TestResources application engineer by clicking on the icon at the right of this page.
- Flexural Tests of Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- Fiber Reinforced Concrete Flexural Bend Test Equipment
- Compression Testing of Hydraulic Cement Mortars
- ASTM A944 Bond Strength Steel Reinforcement Rebar Test Machine
- ASTM C1018 Fiber Reinforced Concrete Flexural Toughness Equipment
- ASTM C1185 Flexural Fiber-Cement Flat Sheet Shingles Clapboards Test Equipment
- ASTM C1399 Residual Strength Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Test Equipment
- ASTM C1550 Flexural Toughness Testing of Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ASTM C1583 Tensile Testing for Concrete Surfaces
- ASTM C1609 Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Flexural Test Equipment
- ASTM C293 Flexural Concrete Test Equipment
- ASTM C348 Flexural Hydraulic Cement Mortars Test Equipment
- ASTM C469 Compression Concrete Elasticity Poisson Test Equipment
- ASTM C579 Compression Mortar Grout Polymer Concretes Test Equipment
- ASTM C580 Flexural Modulus Elasticity Mortar Grout Polymer Concretes Test Equipment
- ASTM C78 Flexural Bend Concrete Test Equipment
- ASTM C947 Flexural Bend Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete Test Equipment